Master of Science Program in Nutrition and Dietetics (International Program)
Course Type: Normal
Level: Master’s Degree
This program aims to produce graduate-level dietitians with moral and ethical leadership. Our graduates can apply their knowledge and skills in nutrition, dietetics and food service management, and even to develop research projects for health promotion as well as prevention and treatment of nutrition and/or diet-related diseases.
In Thai: วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต (โภชนาการและการกำหนดอาหาร) : วท.ม. (โภชนาการและการกำหนดอาหาร)
In English: Master of Science (Nutrition and Dietetics) : M.Sc. (Nutrition and Dietetics)
To produce graduates who have the characteristics, knowledge and skills as follows:
- Express and behave according to academic and professional ethics
- Able to assess the nutritional status, plan the meal, provide counseling and diet therapy to promote health and wellness, and to solve nutrition problems based on the academic knowledge
- Able to search, process, analyze and synthesize the nutritional and diet therapeutic data using research methodology approach
- Able to develop the team-working and interpersonal skills, following the dietitian profession and ethics
- Able to use mathematic calculation, utilize information technology to search, collect, conclude and present knowledge efficiently
- Able to use appropriate instruments for evaluating nutritional status correctly
Follow the Notification of the Ministry of Education on Postgraduate Degree Standard Criteria B.E. 2015 regarding Master’s degree program Plan A Scheme A2. Total credits should not be less than 36 credits.
Prerequisite Courses: no credit
Required Courses: 20 credits
Elective Courses: not less than 4 credits
Thesis: 12 credits
Total: 36 credits
- Hold or currently studying in the last semester of a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition, Biology, Public Health, Health Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, Food Science or other related fields from an accredited national or international academic institution recognized and attested by the Higher Education Commission.
- Receive a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Have one of the English Proficiency Test scores that meets the English proficiency requirement for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
- Applicants may be exempted from the above requirement, on a case by case basis, depending upon approval and consent given by the Program Committee and the Dean of the Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
Program director: Associate Professor Wantanee Kriengsinyos, PhD, RD, CDT.
Tel: +66 (0) 2800 2380 ext 319
Program Secretary: Yuraporn Sahasakul, PhD.
Tel: +66 (0) 2800 2380 ext 426